Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktheoxaroulis
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to open my app with a new computer. The document failed to load

Hi experts,

I am facing an issue regarding the migration of  my created- app to a new computer . I am using QlikView Personal Edition  in both PC.

As Document Recovery indicates    IMPORTANT: QlikView Personal Edition is limited to four recoveries per installation. When you recover a QlikView file created with a previous installation, it will apply your new user key to ALL documents created using the previous installation, not just that particular file.   

So what I have done so far I installed the Windows in the second PC , installed QlikView and  then transfered the qvw file.

I haved attached the 2 document support info  ( NEW PC & OLD PC ) which indicate that PE Recoveries Remaining  are 4. 

I have also tried to set the parameter AppRecovery Mode but still I cannot load the qvw file. 

Right now ,  I can access in the OLD PC the qvw file but I cannot in the NEW one.

Any suggestions?Am I missing something ?

Labels (3)
8 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, i am sure you read this article

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003188

You see this message?

Do you want to continue and recover the file?
Yes, I want to continue (not recommended) 

You never user this recovery? pherhaps your attemps ending

ktheoxaroulis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @fkeuroglian  , 

Thanks for the update. I have read the article you are reffering to  and according it , from what I understand ,  I should have the ability  to  open a qlikview document created by another PC but only up to 4 documents. (In the Document Support Info of the NEW PC indicates the number of 4 as  PE Recoveries Remaining)

I cannot even see the message in the welcome screen just an error pop-up message

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi! some question and trys to do:

1) Do you try to open without data?

2) Try to rename the qvw?

3)Do you try to open in some computer that have license?

4) the qlikview desktop version of the old and the new pc is the same?

5) the qvw have secction access?

ktheoxaroulis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @fkeuroglian ,

Check my answer below 

1) Do you try to open without data? 

Yes , the same issue

2) Try to rename the qvw?

I tried it the same issue

3)Do you try to open in some computer that have license?

Unfortunately, I don't have a licensed version 

4) the qlikview desktop version of the old and the new pc is the same?

No , the NEW is Qlik April 2020 SR1 and the Old April 2019 SR1 . However I tried to install also the April 's 2019 version in the NEW PC and the issue stills persist.

5) the qvw have secction access?

No , the loading script has only the default paremeters (attached)

Regards 

Kostas

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi

You still have access to the old pc?

if the answer is YES, try to create a new qvw, empty and try to open in the new PC

ktheoxaroulis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have created the empty qvw (attached one)  and the results are the same . So I guess this is related either to source  (A: old QLIK) or to destination ( B: new QLIK ) .

Is there any detailed log regarding the error , in order to understand the root cause of the issue ?

ktheoxaroulis
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@fkeuroglian  I installed also in another computer( C: new destination) the 2019 SR1 version and transfered an empty qvw from the old source to the new destination ( A  -> C)  and  the issue persists.

I tried to transfer between new destinations ( B - > C)   empty files which were created from destination  and  managed to load them succesfully  .

So I figured out that  my source( A: old qlikview desktop) creates qvw files which cannot be accessed by another desktop pe versions.   

Do you know if  there is any workaround for this issue ?

or a way ( log files  e.t.c )  to find out why my old source creates inaccessible files ?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the Help Doc on things, should clarify things hopefully:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Person...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.