Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvrwood
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to see trendline in animated scatter chart

I am new to QlikView and information visualization in general.  That said, I have created an animated scatter chart with the following:

Dimensions

• Year (Animated)
  • Library
  • Legal Basis (Color)

Expressions

• Only ([Avg Librarian Salary]) - x axis
  • Only ([Total Collection]) - y axis, trendline: average, log scale
  • Only (Visits) - for size

I set my expressions to Only because I just need to show the values as they are.  However, no trendline shows, and I have it set to 4 pt just to be sure it's not an issue of not being able to see it.  I did set the plot and background color to a dark gray, but none of the data appearance, special segments, and font colors are set to gray; they are all set to colors which are visible on a gray background.  I set the gridlines and axes to a lighter gray, but changing them to white does not make the trendline show.  I also tried making the plot and background colors white, but that didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas about why the trendline isn't showing?  I tried changing my expressions to avg, but that didn't help either.  Also, I cannot get the color of the year label (animated dimension) to change, and it is set to a low visibility medium gray.

I am on Win10 - Home - x64 using QlikView November 2017 SR7 Version 12.20.20800.0, Personal Edition.

1 Reply
silvrwood
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I figured out that the trendline will show if I remove the animation.  I cannot, however, figure out how to change the color of the animated dimension label.