cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silvrwood
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to see trendline in animated scatter chart

I am new to QlikView and information visualization in general.  That said, I have created an animated scatter chart with the following:

Dimensions

• Year (Animated)
  • Library
  • Legal Basis (Color)

Expressions

• Only ([Avg Librarian Salary]) - x axis
  • Only ([Total Collection]) - y axis, trendline: average, log scale
  • Only (Visits) - for size

I set my expressions to Only because I just need to show the values as they are.  However, no trendline shows, and I have it set to 4 pt just to be sure it's not an issue of not being able to see it.  I did set the plot and background color to a dark gray, but none of the data appearance, special segments, and font colors are set to gray; they are all set to colors which are visible on a gray background.  I set the gridlines and axes to a lighter gray, but changing them to white does not make the trendline show.  I also tried making the plot and background colors white, but that didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas about why the trendline isn't showing?  I tried changing my expressions to avg, but that didn't help either.  Also, I cannot get the color of the year label (animated dimension) to change, and it is set to a low visibility medium gray.

I am on Win10 - Home - x64 using QlikView November 2017 SR7 Version 12.20.20800.0, Personal Edition.

1 Reply
silvrwood
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I figured out that the trendline will show if I remove the animation.  I cannot, however, figure out how to change the color of the animated dimension label.