Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to show first and last value on data points in Line chart

Hello All,

I have a line chart in which we are displaying minimum and maximum data value (based on minimum and maximum month) for lines in charts. But in few records data is missing for minimum and maximum months so data values are not visible for those line. I want to show first and last values for such lines in chart. For reference in following chart unable to show first ad last value for Blue line. Please suggest how to display first and last values for Blue line.

Thanks in advance.

QV_Chart_Issue.jpg

5 Replies
himanshi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hii,

did you click the values on data point option for this blue line field expression in properties?

Not applicable
Author

Verify if the Values on Data points has been enabled for the lines that doesnt display the first and the last values.

Not applicable
Author

I cannot help but notice the values only show if the line is on the max date or the min date

the blue line does not go to either and has not dates

the green yellow and pink cover min and max date and have both points

purple looks like it has only min date, which is stepping on the pink but the line does not go to the max date-

what are you doing in your expression to determine displying the values?

cjohnson
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Vij,

Try using the following syntax for your min and max values instead. I believe you are currently using a variable to determine this?

Max:

if(Date=max(total <Member> Date),SUM(Value))

Min:

if(Date=min(total <Member> Date),SUM(Value))

Image13.png

This will give you the value at the max date (or under whatever formatting is necessary in your scenario). If no data exists for dates - then those won't be counted - it will simply take the min and max date available for your dataset.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Camile

cjohnson
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Please see attached for more details.