Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esklimkin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Unexpected selection behavior

Dear colleagues

Need your help in resolving an issue below

I have 2 tables in data model:

FactTable with fields Date, Store and Value. There are some values for each store and each date.

Calendar with fields Date, Year, HalfYear, Quarter and Month (generated based on date from FactTable)

End-user wants to analyze data in a such way:

Step 1) Select one store

Step 2) Select current period - Year, HalfYear, Quater and Month. Analyze current period

Step 3) After analysis of current period, switch filter "Month" to previous/next month (e.g. apr to mar, jun to jul and so on)

The problem is:

After switching selection of "Month" filter to month, that is not in selected "Quarter" or "HalfYear" (e.g. apr to mar, or jul to jun), selection in filter "Stores" became clear.

Filters "Quarter" and "HalfYear" is cleared too and I understand that (that's OK), filter "Year" remains selected.

I believe, that filter "Store" also should been selected (as in Step 1), because it NOT contradicts to a new selection (there are value for each store and each month).

Why Qlikview has such a behavior? How can I avoid it? What is the logic of selection behavior?

Tested in QV 11.2 and QV 12.

Look at attached app example and screenshots

P.S. Data model simplified. In fact, there are 7-10 filters (e.g. Region, Salesman, Product and so on) and they all become cleared

0 Replies