Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent help please on license information

Hi,

can anyone let me know please whether the path is correct to know the how many Document CALs and how many Named user CaLs are there in Licence.

As I have NTFS authorization and only Type as Qlikview server. I have no Qlikview publisher.

In QMC-> System-> Licences->Qlikview Server->Qlikview Server Licence

Thanks.

12 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

For document CAL

in Documents --> User Documents

for every document (from help)

Number of CALs Allocated to this Document

The number of document CALs that should be allocated to the current document. By default, this value is set to '0' (zero). To change the value, enter the desired value in this text box. To reset the value to zero again, enter '0' (zero) in the text box.

Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment

If this option is used, a new document CAL will automatically be granted to a user connecting to this QlikView Server for the first time, as long as there are available document CALs to assign. To allow the QlikView Server to assign CALs to any user that opens the document, tick this check box. To deny the QlikView Server to assign CALs to any user that opens the document, untick this check box.

For named I tkink the same but in System tab

Not applicable
Author

Really good. Now I have only two document Cals reaminign in licence. I need to assign more than 10 users for single qvw. so I created one common document Cal. My users tried with this common document Cal to login all at a time . It is showing connection lost. Is that possible if I allow Dynamic CAL assignment as checked .

will it work for multiple users to login single qvw when ever they connected to access point. Please can you let me know this as this is very very urgent now for me please.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I tkink

- if you have one document and 10 users I tkink you need 10 document cal

- when a user get a doc cal, the cal will remain with that user and doc

- the doc cal can be transferred to another user I tkink after 24 hour quarantine

more on the pdf in this post

Re: License Policy qlikview 11