Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Urgent plz help - Set analysis

Hi All,

I have a field status which has values "Buy","Sell" and "Hold".Due to a join with another table nulls are coming in the status field.I want to capture them using set analysis how do i do that..I am using valuelist function as a dimension so need to group the nulls in the expression...

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Thnaks in advance.. Plz let me know if yu need any help..

26 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Sorry here are the details. I have a master project table (Table1) where all the ProjectId's will be present.

Tab2 and Tab3 are outer joined based on EMPKEY in order to maintain all the data and finally outer joined with the Tab1 using the ProjectId.I have a status field coming from Tab2(Excel ) which has some blanks.Due to outer joins I see nulls coming in the status field. I need to make a bar chart against all the statuses.I had faces a problem while capturimg the null values..

Hope I have given you the info.. Please do let me know if u need any info..

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

So far, the only solution I found in one of my apps was to get the total substracted the not null values {1} - {'*'}

Another solution could be to make a resident load from your joinned table and asign values to the null values ('undefinded') to use in set analysis.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Your going to use Status as dimension where you going to group it under not defined am i right?

if so try with calculated dimension

if(len(Trim(Status))>0,Status,'Not Defined')

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Why not simplify the problem by changing the loading script to handle the NULL value?

Not applicable
Author

the field in which null records are coming is to be used as expression or in dimension.

Not applicable
Author

You can use your expression as

=if(NULL.rec2='','NV',

if(NULL.rec1='', 'ND'

,NULL.rec1

))

if we are using rec2 as expression and rec1 as dimension then,

No Value  (NV) for expression which are null,

Not Defined for dimension ehich are null,

forther you can provide some default value to NV experssion

By editing Expression:

if(NULL.rec2='',0,sum(NULL.rec2))

Refer To attached file:

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Not excatly I have a chart where i use the Valuelist to create the dimension (Eg. values in the valuelist are budget,forecast etc..) in the expression I have to differentiate the different statuses present in the "System Investment Status" field.. I was able to write expression for other available statuses but failed to catch up the null values...

Hope this is clear now...

Thanks

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Can you give me the example data and script you used?

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gm. I will try to generate some sample data and attach..

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Just a small clarification.. I have a stacked chart where I use valuelist as Dimension.. and four expressions(for fdifferent four statues) using set analysis.. When I filter another bar chart with one of the status this Stacekd chart is not geting filter.. I think it should be because of the set analysis used in the expressions.. If you have any suggestions please let me know...

Thanks