Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use macro to concatenate into QVD

Hi!

I'm using a macro to export a table into a QVD and I'm wondering if it's possible to instead concatenate into the QVD. Right now it overwrites everything that is in the QVD when I'm exporting.

My macro looks like this:

sub test

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH173")

obj.ExportBiff "E:\QlikView\SourceDocuments\Qvd\history.qvd"

end sub

Thank you!

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I still haven' figured this out. Right now I instead try to write to a .txt file uising the following macro:

sub test

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH173")

obj.ExportEx "E:\QlikView\SourceDocuments\Qvd\history.txt",1,true

end sub

With this macro, the files is not overwritten. So it works for my user on the server. However, my customer that has another account get's the following error:

Cannot open file E:\QlikView\SourceDocuments\Qvd\history.txt for writing!

I tried to change the security settings on the file, so that this user has permission to write to the file but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The error might be shown because your customer doesn't have access to your server.

Instead you can export the data to a shared location where you as well as your customers have access to the specified folder.

Hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this, I guess this is the problem. However, do you know a good way to export information from a QV-document to a QVD by concatenating.

I want the user to be able to save data from this document to a database which I can load into the same qvw.

Not applicable
Author

You can directly store the data in database but if something goes wrong then you cannot keep track of the old data and everything will be messed up.

Instead, in every reload, you can read data from the new files saved by users in qvw file and save it in qvd.

If you create a files with usernames or userId then it is possible to keep track of the data.