cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II

Use of P() in set analysis

I am trying to get all the possible values 12 months back from the selections made in calendar. Here is what I am trying, but it is not working.

Sum(
{<
ACTUALLASTDAY = {"$(=((P(AddMonths(BUDGETEND,-12)))))"}
>}
VISIT_COUNT)

Thanks for any assistance.

5 Replies
jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi,

what do you want to do exactly ?

whatever the selection in your month list, you always want to calculate your sum on the 12 months ?

Regards.

Johann

tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

If I have Jan 2012 selected I need it to calculate for Jan 2011. If I have Jan 2012 and Aug 2012 selected I need it to calculate for just Jan 2011 and Aug 2011 not the months in between.

Not applicable

I think you don't need to use the P() function to do this.

Try this :

Sum( {< ACTUALLASTDAY = {">= $(=AddMonths(max(ACTUALLASTDAY),-12)) < $(=max(ACTUALLASTDAY))"} >} VISIT_COUNT)

By the way, I don't understand the link between your need and the field BudgetEnd ?

regards

stéphane

tchovanec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Stephane I am using BUDGETEND because it is a island Calendar. Also, your suggestion will not work because it will take all the monthe in between my selections. For instance if I have JAN-2013 and AUG-2013 chosen it will take all the values between JAN-2012 and AUG-2012. I am just wanting the values for JAN-2012 and AUG-2012.

Not applicable

I think i understand what you want.

I suggest you to build two distinct fields in your model : month and year so you can make selection on month or on year.

This way the expression would be just : Sum( {< YEAR= {"$(=max(YEAR)-1)"} >}VISIT_COUNT)