Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use selection in Multibox in the sum() funtion

I have a variable named vCSTOO that contains the current selection of a Multibox control.

I use the varible to switch dynamically between 3 fields in my report. [New Booking Local], [Repeat Booking Local], [Booking Local]

The Multibox has two entries: New and Repeat. I use a number of expressions like such to toggle values:

NUM(sum([$(vCSTOO)Booking Local])

When a user selects New from the Multibox the expression below equates to NUM(sum([New Booking Local]),' #,###')

When a user selects Repeat from the Multibox the expression below equates to NUM(sum([Repeat Booking Local]),' #,###')

When a user selects both or neither from the Multibox the expression below equates to NUM(sum([Booking Local]),' #,###')

This works fine until the user creates a Bookmark with either New or Repeat selected in the Multibox. The bookmark will properly store the Multibox selection and reselect it when the bookmark is called but the variable does not get updated with the Multibox selection.

Is there a way to use the current selection in the Multibox (which is properly selected when the bookmark is called) in the expression NUM(sum([$(vCSTOO)Booking Local]),' #,###') in place of using the vCSTOO variable? The field that contains the Multibox selection values is an inline table with the field named %NR_Selection.

I've tried everything but nothing seems to work:

NUM(sum([%NR_Selection Booking Local]),' #,###')

NUM(sum([$(%NR_Selection)Booking Local]),' #,###')

NUM(sum(['$(%NR_Selection)' Booking Local]),' #,###')

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dave

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Fixed the issue myself but not in the manner as I described above.

I would still be interesting in any responses to accomplishing the task in the way I outlined above.

Dave

Not applicable
Author

Dave,

What was your solution for this?

Ronak