cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

User Reload From AccessPoint - With User Inputed Variables

I have a document that I want the users to reload as needed. I have tested a user initiated reload using EDX and everything works just fine. What is unique about this requirement is that I want the users to be able to enter 3 variables and then execute the reload. Since the source document is in the source folder the variables entered by the user cannot be passed back to the source document for reload. 

Is this possible to do or do I need to deploy this application to a shared folder and give the user a copy of the desktop client?

In the screenshot below the display price button executes the EDX batch file. The Load script passes the variables back to an iSeries query and returns the requested price.I really don't want to set the user up with the QV Desktop Client and the iSeries ODBC client.

Any help on this is appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan Baksa

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can export those variables to data files like excel or csv and use the same file in data loads. So that the new data will be captured in the application after successful refresh.

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

The application where the variables are updated is in the deployed folder which cannot be reloaded. I would need to create a process to reload and export to a QVS or something similar. Not sure this is an option.

??