Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator

User access after Section Access implementation

Hi,

I have created section access table, where i have ADMIN rights and other have user rights.

As per my knowledge, it is not required to give access to people separately from QMC (Distribute tab)

I have reload the app and checking in access point, but i cannot see the app there.

Can anyone tell me, do i need to again provide access for all users from distribute tab?

If not, what went wrong here?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Section Access provides in-doocument security. But you first need to make your document available to users that should be allowed to open it. That is what the Distribute tab does in QV Publisher. If you do not distribute, then no User Document will be created. This is typically used to avoid publishing headless documents that do behind-the-scenes jobs like DB extractions or QVD generators. End-user documents should be distributed, and only to a controlled group of users.

If it looks like an additional layer of security on top of Section Access, that's because it actually is.

You do not need to copy all user names in the distribution list again. You can use "All Authenticated Users" as distribution target, and let Section Access control the actual access. Make sure that you enable "Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access" in Settings->Document Properties->Server (lower right).

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

10 Replies
avinashelite

Does all the users facing this access issue or only for some users

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

All users Avinash.

I have simply created task and kept task name. Then loaded it. Do i need to change any settings in any of other tabs here?

avinashelite

While adding the folder to user QMC Documents did you provided access for all the users??

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

May i know where do i need to do this? I have no idea so, please help me. Is it while creating task?

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Do i need to add here?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Section Access provides in-doocument security. But you first need to make your document available to users that should be allowed to open it. That is what the Distribute tab does in QV Publisher. If you do not distribute, then no User Document will be created. This is typically used to avoid publishing headless documents that do behind-the-scenes jobs like DB extractions or QVD generators. End-user documents should be distributed, and only to a controlled group of users.

If it looks like an additional layer of security on top of Section Access, that's because it actually is.

You do not need to copy all user names in the distribution list again. You can use "All Authenticated Users" as distribution target, and let Section Access control the actual access. Make sure that you enable "Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access" in Settings->Document Properties->Server (lower right).

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you added the service account that QVS is running in Section Access as an ADMIN.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. Loading fine.

sridhar_sigired
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks peter, you are absolutely right.

Can we make it as All users instead of authenticated users?