Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Google Maps with QlikView

I followed the instructions on this whitepaper to include Google Maps in my document and it works http://global.qlik.com/uploadedfiles/Whitepapers/whitepaper_how_qliktech_uses_qlikview_google_maps.p....

My question is I seem to be having a problem getting the latitude/longitude coordinates to center correctly on the map. I'm using version 8.5 so I have to overlay the chart on the map, which I've done without much difficulty. The problem seems to be to get the chart to center correctly on the map. I've attached a simple example of what I'm getting. Has anyone used the whitepaper example to implement Google Maps?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have a feeling that everything will work if you uncheck "Forced 0" checkboxes for both X and Y on the Axis Tab of your chart.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When I'm trying to open your document, I'm getting an "Access Denied" message - please double check the file.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sorry - I forgot I had security turned on. Try this one.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

same thing "access denied".

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Third times a charm 🙂

Thanks again.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have a feeling that everything will work if you uncheck "Forced 0" checkboxes for both X and Y on the Axis Tab of your chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Oleg. That seemed to help with placing the point in the correct position relative to the map, once I lined them up (see attached). My other question is this. is there a way to remove the X and Y axis lines that are on the righthand side and bottom of the chart?

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes. On the "Style" tab, select "Plot Area Background Style" = "Frame", and on the "Colors" tab - set "Plot Area Border" to have width 0. This will remove the frame.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Just a suggestion to display your data.

Maybe you could be interested. I created an app to display the relation between "Customer" & "Customer Ship to" as a flow with an arrow.

Don't hesitate to ask me.

Regards,

Jean-Jacques

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Jean-Jacques,

I'd like to see that app. Can you post it?

Thanks,
-Rob