Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using IF or set analysis inside AGGR function?

tl;dr : How to write an expression that has IF condition inside an AGGR function, i.e.

SUM(AGGR(IF(SUM(field1)=0,only({1}IF(field2 = 60,1000))),field2))?

Hello

I'm trying to add a row to my table if certain conditions are met (namely when there's no existing data and customer's lifetime is, say, 60 days). This works in a table that has customer lifetime as a dimension, but it fails when I remove the dimension and add it to the expression using AGGR function.

Example

I have a table with one dimension cohort_age and three columns : some_values, add_value_if and combined. The first one (some_values) is simply a sum of existing values. The second one (add_value_if) adds a row when I don't have data for a given lifetime. And the third one combines these two into one time series using & operator. It works and looks like this :

Table1.jpg

When I remove the cohort_age dimension and add it into the expression using AGGR function things start to fall apart.

Table2.jpg

Working Expressions (in a table with explicit dimension)

some_values : sum(duu)

add_value_if : IF(sum(duu)=0,only({1}IF(cohort_age = 60,1000)))

combined : SUM(duu) & IF(sum(duu)=0,only({1}IF(cohort_age = 60,1000)))

Failing expression (in a table with implicit dimension)

add_value_if:

SUM(AGGR(
IF(sum(duu)=0,only({1}IF(cohort_age = 60,1000)))
,cohort_age))

combined :

SUM(AGGR(
SUM(duu)
&
IF(sum(duu)=0,only({1}IF(cohort_age = 60,1000)))
,cohort_age))

I also tried to use set analysis -- only({1 <cohort_age = 60, cohort_age={"=SUM(duu)=0"}>} 1000 ) -- but the results weren't any different. So I'd much appreciate if you guys could point me to the right direction 🙂

Best

Joonas

0 Replies