Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_Maestro
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using LOCALHOST in QVPR XML files instead of Machine Name

When migrating the QMC to another server, you need to take the XML files and change the old machine name to the new machine name in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR directory. Just as it is explained here: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000005585

I was wondering if we were able to instead of the machine name put in the LOCALHOST instead. This would aid in restoration of the QVPR folder in the server you are moving to, as now we can drop it into whichever server and it will not need any adjustment.

Also, if anyone has any good methods on how to have high availability / pseudo clustering of the QMC please let me know!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think you can use LOCALHOST as the design (and licensing) supports distributing the services over multiple machines.  

-Rob

P.S. A funny aside. Has anyone ever tried to name a Windows machine "LOCALHOST"?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't think you can use LOCALHOST as the design (and licensing) supports distributing the services over multiple machines.  

-Rob

P.S. A funny aside. Has anyone ever tried to name a Windows machine "LOCALHOST"?