Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using Not Equal in Set analysis

I'm trying to use a not equal comparison in set analysis....  Why will option 1 not work?   - Options 2  works fine. Option 3 is using an equal comparison.  For option 1, I've also tried single quotes..

option 1.  count( {< [Status] -= {'C'} >} [Move ID])

option 2:  count(if([Status] <> 'C', [Move ID]))

option 3 (in another expression ) also works.  count( {< [Status Description]={"In Progress"} >} [Request Number])

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't want the red squiggly line:

count( {< [Status] = {'*'} - {'C'} >} [Move ID])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Tricia,

what do you mean with 'not work'?

If you see a red underlining by the syntax checker, that's a bug in the checker, the expression dialog should say 'expression OK' and evaluate.

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

If you don't want the red squiggly line:

count( {< [Status] = {'*'} - {'C'} >} [Move ID])

triciagdaly
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Josh,

Can you explain the syntax of your suggestion - which works great!  And... why are there red squiggly lines on the expression I was using?

Thanks

Tricia

joshabbott
Creator III
Creator III

I have never understood why the red squiggly lines are there.  I've alway's found that they show up yet it still works in your first expression.  It must be a bug as to why it is showing the red lines:

count( {< [Status] -= {'C'} >} [Move ID])

What the one I sent you is doing is taking all values {'*'} and using a set analysis operator of subtraction, removing the 'C' values from all, anything where the status is anything except for C.

Have a great day!