Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OmarBenSalem

Using QMS-EDX to trigger tasks on event with Qlikview Server; possible?

Hi folks,

I have seen in an article that, without having QlikView Publisher, we can only have one trigger per reload.

Thus using the QMS-EDX is only possible with Qlikview Publisher;

So I wonder, is it possible to use it with QlikView Server?

If yes? How to proceed and why is that possible?

I'm really in need of an answer ! Thank you all !

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use QMSEDX without a publisher, that's no problem at all. However you're still correct that the trigger for your task has to be changed to "by an external event" and no other triggers (for example "on a schedule") can be added.

But that shouldn't be much of a problem since a trigger "on an external event'" can be fired by anyone who feels like it. For example, by a dummy document that is reloaded on schedule, and as only activitiy performs an EXECUTE of QMSEDX. Or by Windiws Task Scheduler.

Best,

Peter

OmarBenSalem
Author

Hi Peter,

It's the first time I'm using this EDX task thing. If you could help me with a simple example on how to implement and then use it, it would be really kind of you. (without publisher)

Thanks,

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The community has a wealth of EDX examples. For example, see here: Trigger QV Task using command line arguments

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Omar,

You could enter your command line statements in "Supporting task" in QMC and this task too could be scheduled like any other task.

Best regards,

Kaveri