Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using 'Select in field' action for multiple selections

Hi,

I am using sheet actions to pre-select some fields on a particular sheet when the user opens it.

This works fine when I want to make a single selection (e.g. Field=Colour, Search String = 'Yellow').

error loading image

However I can't figure out how to make multiple selections in the same field (something like Search String = 'Yellow','Blue'). The help manual clearly indicates this should be possible:

Select in Field: "Selects the values and fields that are specified. In the Search String you can specify a search mask, e.g. (A|B) will select both A and B."

I can't for the life of me figure out how to write this, I can't seem to get the syntax right. I have tried all of the following:

='Yellow','Blue'

=Yellow,Blue

=('Yellow','Blue')

=('Yellow'|'Blue')

=('Yellow'&'Blue')

=('Yellow' and 'Blue')

Anyone got this to work? Other threads raise this question but the only answers seem to be 'use a macro' (http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/23382/89368.aspx#89368). I'd rather not use macros jsut for this as I have not used macros so far, and would be good to keep consistent.

Thanks!

20 Replies
DA1
Contributor
Contributor

If a Qlik sense user finds themselves looking on this thread for how to multi select in sheet actions  "Select in Field" then the answers here will not work as they are for Qlikview

in Qlik sense you use semi-colons like:

abc;def;ghi