Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Variables in Edit Script Dialog Problem

I can store the Path Names on variables and successfully use them. vData = 'D:\QlikviewData';

let

But when I try to pass parameters to a stored procedures, it does not work. Ex:

let mailTo = 'tugba@kuveytturk';

let From = 'server@kuveytturk'

let body = ' An error occured'

let subject = 'MIS Reload Error';

SQL EXECUTE SP_SendMail @From =$(From) , @To=$(mailTo), @Subject$(subject),@Body=$(body)

But this works when I send the parameters directly, without storing the values at variables. EXECUTE SP_SendMail @From = 'server@kuveytturk', @To= 'tugba@kuveytturk', @Subject='MIS Reload Error',@Body=' An error occured';

SQL

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

try this:

Let vName = Chr(39)&'Rainer'&Chr(39);

The inverted commas then are part of the variable value.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

hi,

we use $ sign with variables only when we want to evaluate the contents on the right hand side of = sign (as in mailTo = 'tugba@kuveytturk'😉

but here u just need the contents of that variable ,so just use name of variable without using $ sign

let mailTo = 'tugba@kuveytturk';

let From = 'server@kuveytturk'

let body = ' An error occured'

let subject = 'MIS Reload Error';

SQL EXECUTE SP_SendMail @From =From , @To=mailTo, @Subject subject,@Body=body

thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for being concerned with my problem.

Rainer, I tried chr(39) and used the variable with $(), it really works thanks.

Tauqueer, I tried your solution, when I write just the variable name without $(), it shows the variable name but not its content. Thanks for your advice.

As a result I will use chr(39) with $().

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have one more question.

When I use ScriptError once, then I can not see its content any more.

For example if I compare its value, then this means I can not see what is inside it.

LOAD wrongColoumnName

FROM $(vData) Datasource.qvd (qvd);

IF ScriptError <> 0 THEN

let

error = 'An error has occured';

END

After I do this comparison the value inside ScriptError is dissapeared. ( ScriptError <> 0 )

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you use Variables and $-sign expansion, you need to use single quotes for those parameters that are supposed to look like strings.

For example:

If you need to create a condition like: TransYear = 2010, using a variable, you can use $(vYear) . However, for conditions like :

Product = 'Shoes', you need to enclose your $()-expansion in a set of single quotes:

Product = '$(vMyProduct)'

no need to tinker with CHR(39), in this case QlikView works well with the simple pair of single qoutes...

cheers,

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have one more question.

When I use ScriptError once, then I can not see its content any more.

For example if I compare its value, then this means I can not see what is inside it.

LOAD wrongColoumnName

FROM $(vData) Datasource.qvd (qvd);

IF ScriptError <> 0 THEN

let

error = 'An error has occured';

END

After I do that comparison ( ScriptError <> 0 ) the value inside ScriptError is dissapeared.

I can not show it in a listbox

Not applicable
Author

I mean that when I use IF ScriptError <> 0 then the value of ScriptError becomes null.