Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using spaces in the Search String mask for multiple selections

I'm trying to create a trigger that will select certain values in one field based on the selections made by the user in another field.

I've got it working except for one thing - I can't get the search mask to work on the second field when the values contain spaces.

The general format for a search string mask is (ValueA|ValueB|ValueC). That works fine.

However, if any of the values have spaces (Value A|Value B|Value C) , the search mask doesn't seem to work.

See attached QVW for a working example.

Does anyone know how to make a search string mask work when the values contain spaces?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Wierd. I'm surprised quotes doesn't work, but I tried them all. I found a workaround. Change your search string variable to:

'(ALL|' & Replace(only(Field1), ' ', '?') & ')'

All spaces will be replaced by questions marks, which mean any character. That might not work in all situations, but I couldn't find anything better.

Also, you could probably do this as Select in Field: ALL then ToggleSelect: only(field1)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Wierd. I'm surprised quotes doesn't work, but I tried them all. I found a workaround. Change your search string variable to:

'(ALL|' & Replace(only(Field1), ' ', '?') & ')'

All spaces will be replaced by questions marks, which mean any character. That might not work in all situations, but I couldn't find anything better.

Also, you could probably do this as Select in Field: ALL then ToggleSelect: only(field1)

Not applicable
Author

Awesome. Thanks! The question mark replacement worked great.

I couldn't get the ToggleSelect to work, though...

Not applicable
Author

For the ToggleSelect, you would need: =only(Field1)

I think I forgot the equals sign and used a lower case f in my example. Here is the application using ToggleSelect instead of the Search String.

Not applicable
Author

Got it. Thanks!