cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using sum between different dimensions

Hello everybody,

I've the following issue.

I want to show the two values the sum of sales-data and the sum of fielddays in a pivot-table.
The first one (sales data) is linked to a company, the second one (fielddays) is just linked to a salesrep.
Now, when I show this data in the pivot table, everything is summed up clearly by the salesrep on the top level.

Doing the drill-down to a lower hierachy, like the customer-level, only the sum over the sales data is visible; the sum over the fielddays is 0.

My goal is now to show the sum also in the column of the fielddays - even if it's only available for a salesrep.

Normally this should be a standard functionality in qlikview (well I think so), but I also think, that this might be as a result of my data model.
Here a fact-table is used, where different measures are loaded into one big 'file', just seperated by a type - in order to be handled by one date-field or one product-field etc.

So is there a way to solve my issue. I've tried it with the total-function, but didn't get the proper result.

Attached you'll find the used qvw.

Thank you in advance.

Otto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try: sum(aggr(nodistinct sum( Fielddays),Salesrep))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try: sum(aggr(nodistinct sum( Fielddays),Salesrep))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

thank you very much. that works great.

Otto