Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using variables in chart expression

Hi everyone,

I defined the following variables:

- vPraticheCaricateMeseCorr = count({< FlagCaricatoLiquidato={'Caricato'}, AnnoMese = {$(=$(vMaxAnnoMese))}>} distinct ContrattoID)

- vPraticheCaricateMesePrec = count({< FlagCaricatoLiquidato={'Caricato'}, AnnoMese = {$(=$(vMaxAnnoMesePrec))}>} distinct ContrattoID)

Then I used the variables in a chart expression as follows:

($(vPCaricateMeseCorr)-$(vPCaricateMesePrec))

/

($(vPCaricateMesePrec))

The chart is a pivot table with one dimension and multiple expressions besides the one I have shared with you.

Every works fine.

However, if I change the variables definition as:

- vPraticheCaricateMeseCorr =

if(GetSelectedCount(AnnoMese)>0,

count({< FlagCaricatoLiquidato={'Caricato'}, AnnoMese = P(AnnoMese)>} distinct ContrattoID),

count({< FlagCaricatoLiquidato={'Caricato'}, AnnoMese = {"$(=Max(AnnoMese))"}>} distinct ContrattoID)

)

- vPraticheCaricateMesePrec =

if(GetSelectedCount(AnnoMese)>1,

null(),

count({< FlagCaricatoLiquidato={'Caricato'}, AnnoMese = {$(=$(vMaxAnnoMesePrec))}>} distinct ContrattoID)

)

The expression in the chart stops working and shows '-' for all rows.

I think there is a problem with the dollar sign expansion but I am not able to solve it. So far I have tried to add brackets like:

(($(vPCaricateMeseCorr))-($(vPCaricateMesePrec)))

/

($(vPCaricateMesePrec))

which does not work and also

($(=$(vPCaricateMeseCorr)-)$(=$(vPCaricateMesePrec)))

/

($(=$(vPCaricateMesePrec)))

but the last attempt is showing the total in all rows of the table, which happen even if I add the "=" sign in front of the variable definition.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

Stefania

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Have you put your 2 expressions into a text box to see their values? I'm guessing one of them is null.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have .. both of them are not null.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why are you using if(GetSelectedCount(AnnoMese)>0 in the first expression and if(GetSelectedCount(AnnoMese)>0 in the second expression?

It would help if you could post a small example qvw file that demonstrates the issue.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

may be change this

- vPraticheCaricateMesePrec =

if(GetSelectedCount(AnnoMese)>1,

count({< FlagCaricatoLiquidato={'Caricato'}, AnnoMese = {$(=$(vMaxAnnoMesePrec))}>} distinct ContrattoID)

)

Learning never stops.