Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VLookup between 2 sheets in a qlikview report

Hi,

Enclosed is my Qlikview app.In this report I want to search the cards  in sheet 8 with those from  sheet 7 and if there is card from sheet 7 in sheet 8 then I would have find the difference in Ending_Balance between the two.Is it possible in qlikview.Its just like VLOOKUP in Excel spreadhseet.

Thanks,

Swetha

9 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

you forgot to attach the report

Not applicable
Author

here you go

Not applicable
Author

I removed the data though as the fiel is big with data.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Thank you.

What you mean is that the user will select cards in sheet7 that will be used to filter cards in sheet 8? GC_CARD_NUMBER is the same in both sheets so whatever the user chooses in 7 will be selected in 8 as well.

Options :

1) Either use alternate states

2) Data islands where GC_CARD_NUMBER used in 8 will have a different name and you may use getfirldselections function to apply the selection

Not applicable
Author

Thanks.The cards in sheet 7 will be less than sheet 8.I want to do it at the report level.I cant do it at script level as these calculations are all the report level.So please let me know if theres a way at the report level.Thanks

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Alternate states is at the report level.

By using different states for sheet 7 objects and sheet 8 objects, when something gets selected in 7 it will no get selected in 8. So you can use the 7 selections as you wish in 8.

Take a look at the manual how they work.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you.But my requirement is that whatever I select in Sheet 7 all those cards needs to compared with sheet8 and if there is a card number which is  in sheet 8 from sheet 7 then I would need the diffence in there Ending_Balance.

Not applicable
Author

I read about Alternate States but its qlikview Version 11.I am using Version 10 in which Alternate states is not there.Any updates how I can achieve in version 10.Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Any One,Any Updates Please.