Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Value amount between dates

I want to get the sum of all the sales made between two dates.

this is what i got:

=sum({<Date ={">=01/11/2012 <=01/02/2013"}>} Value)

The result is just the value that has this date value: '01/02/2013' if i take out the '=' it returns 0. For what i understood, it isn't looking for the other values, or something like that.

it worked this way:

=sum({<Date ={">=01/11/2012 <=01/02/2013"},month=,year=>} Value)

it gave me the sum, but there are two details here, first that in my proyect i am not using dates like this "01/11/2012" but as a field.A field for the start-date and a field for the end-date. and second that if i use the month=,year= those fields wouldn't work....

I am out of ideas do you have any? thank you.

John Witherspoon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Have you tried with AddMonth(date, 1) function

=sum({<Date ={">=$(=AddMonth($(=startdate),-1)) <=$(=AddMonth($(=enddate),-1))"},month=,year=>} Value)

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I did it, missed the $

=sum({<Date ={">=$(=startdate) <=$(=enddate)"},month=,year=>} Value)

But now have another problem, because that expression is perfect for my selected year and month.

But how could by making that selection substract one month from each startdate and enddate, and of course if it is 01/01/2013 and i substract one month it will be 01/12/2012. in the same expression.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Have you tried with AddMonth(date, 1) function

=sum({<Date ={">=$(=AddMonth($(=startdate),-1)) <=$(=AddMonth($(=enddate),-1))"},month=,year=>} Value)

Hope it helps

Celambarasan

Not applicable
Author

That was it. Thank you.