Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Valuelist unexpected behaviour

Hi Folks,

I defined a Pivot table with a calculated Dimension (a valuelist) and the behaviour is rather curious.

A short example:

2 Dimensions (Region and Product), 1 calculated Dimension (Valuelist('Week','Year')

one Expression: sum Sales

What I want to Display is Region vertical, Valuelist in upper horizontal and Product in lower horizontal

Expression is defined as: if Valuelist('Week','Year')='Week', sum(Sales), sum ({<Week={'<=$(=max(Week))'}Sales)

I want to Display sales of selected week and cumulative sales (from start of year to selected week)

Header 1RegionHeader 2Header 3Header 4Header 5
WeekWeekYearYear
Product 1Product 2Product 1Product 2
Region1102050100
Region 21001510075

Now what is curious:
Whenever a Region has no sales, the expression does not calculate the first condition (Week) but the second one

So by simply defining if Valuelist('Week','Year')='Week',1,2 I do see 2 when there is no sales for this product

In the above table Product1 is not sold in Region 2, so Week contains the same value as Year

I cannot upload a small sample as upload is forbidden at customer site

the formulas (just an example) above are working (as all data is correct for regions with sales)

Any idea???

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

see attached file with both qays (valielist and data Island - Suggestion from swuehl)

PROD2 does not have a value in week 11 for REG2

sunny_talwar

May be this:

If(Valuelist('Week','Year')='Week' or Len(Trim(Valuelist('Week','Year'))) = 0,

sum(Sales),

sum({<Week={'<=$(=max(Week))'}>}Sales))

Capture.PNG

UPDATE:
I think the issue is that ValueList() becomes null for some reasons and the if goes directly to the false statement

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

amazing, with Expression len(... )=0  I get only table with PROD2

( I have QV 12, my custo´mer have QV 11.20 SR 12)

In your upper table I miss the cumulated values (year) for PROD1 and PROD3 as they had been sold in Week 5 and 10; only for PROD2 the calculation works

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

your solution with if (Only(TOTAL<Dim> Dim)='WeekA',

works (at least with the small example).

I will test it next monday at my customer site

thanks

sunny_talwar

Here is another try

If(Valuelist('Week','Year')='Week' or (Len(Trim(Valuelist('Week','Year'))) = 0 and (ColumnNo(TOTAL) * Avg({1} 1)) <= Count({<Week>}DISTINCT TOTAL Week)),

sum(Sales),

sum({<Week={'<=$(=max(Week))'}>}Sales))

Capture.PNG