Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable definition overwritten

Hi Folks

Just wondering if anybody has come across this problem?

I have various variables defined in a QVW, the variables are defined as (for example):

varOSUser: =OSUser()

varReportDate: =GetFieldSelections("DT_ReportDate")

Most of the time these variables work fine, but every now and again when I release a version to our staging or production environments, the variable definitions have been overwritten with the content (i.e. the result of the expression). So the document goes into production and all of a sudden my variables are defined as:

varOSUser: nwest

varReportDate: 31 Dec 2009

Any ideas on that, it's getting to be a real pain in the A$£E.

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nigel,

If I understood your problem correctly, you are evaluating those functions so the user (the document) doesn't see the function itself but the result.

I would suggest you to use SET instead of LET to solve that problem when declaring those variables:

SET varOSUser = OSUSER();

Is that what you mean?

Not applicable
Author

Actual I'm not using SET or LET, I simply add the definition into the variable using the Settings - Variable Definitions window, perhaps this is the problem, perhaps QlikTech intended this only to review variables rather than create them.

I'll try the SET method, because at least this way it would get defined evey time the load script is run.

Thanks,