Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baylor2016
Creator
Creator

Variable for dynamic set analysis string does not work.

Hi,

I am trying to use the dynamic set analysis string in my expression. When it is hard coded, it works fine. See below.

Count(DISTINCT {<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>} PatientID)-p({NOT<[Disease]=p({NOT}Disease)>} PatientID)>} PatientID)

When I use a variable (sa_string)to generate a dynamic set analysis string in my expression, it does not work even though  the dynamic set analysis string, it is the same as hard coded, but still not working

=if(GetSelectedCount(Disease2)=0,'', if(GetSelectedCount(Disease,1,'NOT')=0,'{<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>})>}',
'{<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>})-p({NOT<[Disease]=p({NOT}Disease)>}'
))

=Count(DISTINCT $(sa_string) PatientID)

Sample attached

Thanks

Longmatch

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Today they both work the same way and there should be no difference between the two ways of writing this expression

View solution in original post

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

The content within the branches of your variable is not the same as in your working expression and I think this syntax is wrong. For example if I take the last part of your variable and compare it like:

{<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>})-p({NOT<[Disease]=p({NOT}Disease)>}

{<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>} PatientID)-p({NOT<[Disease]=p({NOT}Disease)>} PatientID)>}

which meant that PatientID is missing there.

- Marcus

baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually, it does not matter whether PatietnID is in the set analysis string even though I don't know the reason. Please refer to the attachment.

sunny_talwar

I am seeing 2 when i opened up your application. Is 2 not what you expect to see?

Capture.PNG

baylor2016
Creator
Creator
Author

I checked the dynamic set analysis string, I did not enter correct set analysis string when items in both listboxes are selected. Sorry.

By the way, the following two set analysis strings return the same results.

{<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>})>}

{<PatientID = p({<Disease = p(Disease)>}PatientID)>}

You use the first one, but most p() functions used in set analysis include field name. Does that make any difference?

Thanks

Longmatch

sunny_talwar

Today they both work the same way and there should be no difference between the two ways of writing this expression