cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarathi
Creator III
Creator III

Variable passing based on successful executoin

I have qlikview file (Extract.qvw), where I extract data from sql tables and store it into QVDs and drop the tables in qlikview file.

I have another qlikview file (Transform.qvw), where I use QVDs generated from Extract.qvw file.

After my Extract.qvw file reloads successfully , Is it possible to pass a variable (ex : vReload = 1 when reload is successful, vReload = 0 when reload is failed or error occurred) from Extract.qvw to Transform.qvw 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi @baarathi, you can execute a bat or similar that launches the reload using cmd and /v parameter to pass a variable value, but i think it will be easier to create a qvd at the end of script that stores the last reload date and transform.qvw reads this qvd to chek if the date written has the expected value (same date as Today()).

Or use FileTime() to chek if the file has been modified, meaning the extract.qvw has been executed to the end.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi @baarathi, you can execute a bat or similar that launches the reload using cmd and /v parameter to pass a variable value, but i think it will be easier to create a qvd at the end of script that stores the last reload date and transform.qvw reads this qvd to chek if the date written has the expected value (same date as Today()).

Or use FileTime() to chek if the file has been modified, meaning the extract.qvw has been executed to the end.