Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II

Variable syntax

I have a function in an expression which gives me the correct values in a pivot chart.

Is it possible to change this to a variable and then reference the variable in the chart? The syntax is below:

=

fieldvalue( 'Description', if([End Date]-[Start Date]=1,1,if([End Date]-AddMonths([Start Date],1)<0,2,if([End Date]-AddMonths([Start Date],3)<0,3,if([End Date]-AddMonths([Start Date],3)<0,4,5)))) )

Is it possible to then use this in a laod script as well? Start date and End dates are aliases as I am loading a csv file. Description is a field in another table.

4 Replies
Not applicable

I create variables in the load script like:

SET vBlueDC = '[DEBIT CODE] = 8036 or [DEBIT CODE] = 1100 or ([DEBIT CODE] >= 4100 and [DEBIT CODE] <= 4109)';

then reference it in the script like this:

if ($(vBlueDC), 'Blue' ,

I also create variables like this in the script:

SET vPartStdDisc = if ([Line Type] = 'P',
if (vRqdOrFull=0, round(([Reqd Qty]*Qty)*(([Std Retail Price]/[Pack Size])*((100 - [Addl Parts Disc%]) / 100)), 0.01),
round(ceil(([Reqd Qty]* Qty)/[Pack Size])*([Std Retail Price]*((100 - [Addl Parts Disc%]) / 100)), 0.01)), ;

which I can use in chart expressions like:

sum(
$(vPartStdDisc)
$(vLabStdDisc)
$(vMileStdDisc)
$(vTravelStdDisc)
0))))) * ((100 - [Order Disc%]) / 100)

alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks that is great it works.

Is it possibel to set up a variable to accept a paramater? I am trying to format a field to a date so wold like to have a variable which you could pass start date or end date to.

alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sorry I have messed it up now. I think that is was working before but doe snot do so anymore. I have a table with Product (in this exampl there is only one product) The Variable then uses start and end date, but if I only have product and the variable in the chart it only shows one item, whereas when I enter customer ID it shows the vlaue correctly. What do I need to do to show the chart with Product Nam eand then the grouings for the values returned by the variable?

alan_grn
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Have got it workign again