Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable type for Wildmatch in script for use in Multibox

Seeking all Qlik experts' opinions out there....

This is my very first post after trying unsuccessfully for a solution in Google.

Current Situation

• Lots of processing logic built in calculated fields within Multibox, using Wildmatch
  • Wildmatch used to find same fields in various loaded tables
  • Slow processing speed noticeable when click on fields

Seeking expert advice(s) please

1. Possible to use an array variable to contain output of Wildmatch matches? If yes, can share how to please?
  2. Possible to use the array variable in Multibox, within sheet, and display for selection as individual fields? If yes, can share how to please?
  3. Will processing and application speed be improved if calculations are contained with script and not within sheets?

Will be posting more queries as I attempt to move most of my calculations from sheet into scripts for both security and easy maintenance purposes.

Appreciated much!

1 Reply
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I suggest instead of such a broad post, you break this up to its individual questions. The questions themselves are unclear and not easy to answer without specific examples, so I suggest that you also add some example information, or better still, a small sample qvw which illustrates the issue.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein