Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mavericklee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Variable with parameter in Set Analysis

Hi Gurus,

I am now writing a variable as the expression for the dashborard that containg parameter as the set analysis modifier.:

sum({<CalendarDate={">=$(vCurrentMinDate) <=$(vCurrentMaxDate)"},CalendarWeekDay={Fri},$1>}Amount)

while the $1 is another variable "vFirstPeriod" equal to this:

=if(vType=2,

'MonthYear={"$(=$(vCurrentFirstMonth))"}'

,'CalendarWeek={"$(=$(vPeriodWeek($(vCurrentMinDate), $(vCurrentMinDateFirstWeekEnd))))"}'

)

So the final expression appears in the table is like this:

=$(vtest1($(vFirstPeriod)))

The result is that the expression can be evaluated but coming with a wrong result.

The reason is the first parameter cannot be evaluated.

Would anyone suggest the correct syntax for that?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I don't want to say that's not possible to get such a construct to work but I think that your nesting of variables which also contain nested variables is an overuse of variables respectively the idea behind them - which is mainly to simplify things.

In my opinion are the efforts to develop and maintain here a stable solution much higher as the benefit (and there is always a risk that you couldn't include all needed functionalities or parameters).

Therefore I suggest to rethink your whole approach. Nevertheless if you want to continue with your approach you will find here multiple postings to this topic:

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=variable+parameter+comma+marcus

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I don't want to say that's not possible to get such a construct to work but I think that your nesting of variables which also contain nested variables is an overuse of variables respectively the idea behind them - which is mainly to simplify things.

In my opinion are the efforts to develop and maintain here a stable solution much higher as the benefit (and there is always a risk that you couldn't include all needed functionalities or parameters).

Therefore I suggest to rethink your whole approach. Nevertheless if you want to continue with your approach you will find here multiple postings to this topic:

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=variable+parameter+comma+marcus

- Marcus