Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

View Based on Selection

Hi all,

I have a problem in the front end of the application where I have 5 views, in which first and second views (Sheet 1 and sheet 2)shows the same data, third and fourth View(Sheet 3 and sheet 4) show the same data and View five (Sheet 5 ) is independent.

Please help me to show the following results

If any selection is made in View1 which is mainly graphs (Sheet 1) then the selection should also reflect in view 2(Sheet 2) which is mainly data in pivot table, but the selection should not be reflected in any other views( View 3 ,4 and 5 or sheet 3,4 and 5).

Similarly, If any selection is made in View3 which is mainly graphs (Sheet 3) then the selection should also reflect in view 4(Sheet 4) which is mainly data in pivot table, but the selection should not be reflected in any other views( View 1 ,2 and 5 or sheet 1,2 and 5).

View 5 or sheet 5 data is independent.

Thanks in advance.

Pavan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use alternate states. A selection in one alternate state affects only objects using the same alternate state. Create three alternate states on the General tab of the Document Properties window. Then assign the alternate states you created to the sheets on the General tab of the properties window of the sheets.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use alternate states. A selection in one alternate state affects only objects using the same alternate state. Create three alternate states on the General tab of the Document Properties window. Then assign the alternate states you created to the sheets on the General tab of the properties window of the sheets.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, it works perfect