Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Viewing data inserted with DynamicUpdateCommand

Hi

After using the DynamicUpdateCommand to insert data, do i need to do anything else to see the new data in my tables?

Thanks.

Joao.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope. But remember that the data only persists in the session. If you want it to be available in a later session make sure that the data is being loaded into the data model with regular intervals.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope. But remember that the data only persists in the session. If you want it to be available in a later session make sure that the data is being loaded into the data model with regular intervals.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Johannes.

i think the problem is that the insert is not even working. Unfortunately, I get a null error message, so don't know what the problem could be. perhaps you will have some ideas?

The table I'm trying to update (by inserting new values) has the following fields:

$Syn 1

BmAssetClass

BmDataSource

BenchmarkName

BmPortfolioManager

BmReturnType

ReturnDate

BmReturn

My insert statement looks like this:

set result = ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand ("INSERT INTO Benchmark (ReturnDate,BMReturn,BenchmarkName,BMDataSource) VALUES ("&retdate.Text&","&bmret.Text&",Constructed,MLR)")

I'm pulling the two values that I need (retdate and bmret) from a table where they are calculated from data that I pulled from R from a multiple linear regression. Could the problem be that I have left certain fields blank (BmAssetClass, BmPortfolioManager, BmReturnType), or because there is a synthetic key ($Syn 1)?

Thanks.

Joao.