Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visualization help

Hi All,

I have a table as shown below:

Month     ID     Group

Jan          1       Abc

Jan          11     Aaa

Feb          1       Abc

Feb          2       Def

From the table it is quite evident that the ID 1 which exists in Jan no longer exists in Feb and the ID 2 has been added new in Feb.

Now i want to show only those group names and IDs which have been added/deleted over a period of time.

It should be something like

Month     ID     New Groups     Deleted Groups

Jan          -          -                         -

Feb          2          Def

Feb          11                              Aaa

Which would be the best chart to represent the same and how do i implement the same?

Thanks,

Asma

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I guess the best way to accomplish this is to create a separate churn-table in your load script. Because additions can be visualised in the UI alone. But omissions require QlikView to report on ID's for which there is no more data... Tricky at best.

Peter

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

take stright chart.. put month in dimension, id,new groups, deleted groups will be part of expression.

write set analysis for all 3 expression comparing with last month record.. if exists then '-' else 'group for new group, its vise varsa for deleted group.

or

u can prepare a new table in script level only using applymap or writting if condition to get the result, then u can load resultant data in table.