Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Visualization issue - searching for ideas

Hi,

I am facing the following visualization issue:

- I am working on a Management_Dashboard where I have four KPIs to display - a maximum of four, that is:

-- The user can select, out of a list of KPIs that I have on display in a listbox, up to four KPIs to display in both a graph and a table.

-- In addition, the user can select which expressions (there can be up to five, plus one dimension) to display for the KPIs.

=> I currently have a choice of four KPIs, let's say A, B, C and D - for each one I need a table, all side by side if the user selects to view all four <-> if, however, the user wants to see only B, C and D, I want B to take the leftmost place (formerly occupied by A) so that there is no gap - and so on.

The dimension is always the same for all KPIs, so I need to display it in only one of all the tables. The selection of columns to display in the tables is also the same for them all;

<=> Even so, given that I want the tables to always not-quite-touch, without big gaps, and I cannot make them move dynamically, I guess I need a number of tables in the same spot with visibility_conditions. That is going to be quite a maintenance issue lateron ... but first things first, for now I just have to create that.

Do those position boxes (caption tab) take variables? Doesn't seem so ... What a pity.

Any other ideas? I will hang on to this myself and see what I can come up with.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

10 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hmmm ... it would make many things easier if I could just put it all into one single big table_chart.

That would make the dynamism behind it much easier - no need for 4+ overlaid objects with visibility_conditions, but I'd have those conditions only in the expressions - the width of the table would change dynamically and I could put in some blank space (via expressions) inbetween different KPIs and all.

I will try that as well and just ask with what to continue.