Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GerardQR92
Contributor
Contributor

WHERE FUNCTION

Hi Qlik adicts!

First of all i would like to say Hi to all of you guys as this is my first post and I'm quite new in this community. I don't have much experience in QlikView yet so It would be nice if some of you could help me.

I'm getting data from an OBDC connection and I need to apply a filter in one of the fields I'm loading. So that, I'm using a WHERE function after the "From" sentence.

The filter I need to apply is about getting data only when the values of this field doesn't start with 'BBOO' so I'm using a LEFT function together with the WHERE function. 

It would be something like this: WHERE LEFT(XXXXXX,4) <> 'BBOO'; but it doesn't work. I guess I'm making a mistake on the syntaxis but I'm not able to identify where. 

I've just added a screenshot showing the script. 

I would be glad if some of you could help me. 

Many thanks guys!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sstroop
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sorry - just saw the screenshot - move your where function up to the load part of the script prior to adding wildmatch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sstroop
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, Gerard,

Try using the wildmatch function:

where not wildmatch(Field,'BBOO*')

sstroop
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sorry - just saw the screenshot - move your where function up to the load part of the script prior to adding wildmatch.