Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ferha_jafri
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Want to add a field from a different table

Hello Everyone,

I need help in an issue ,the issue is as i want to connect recordtypename field which is present in record type table with record type id with five tables so that name corresponds to recordtype id in those tables so how i can merge two tables ,concatenate is not working i want use mapping but not gettin record name that field is coming as a blank field when i am applying mapping.

this is very urgent.

Thanks in advance

Ferha Jafri

3 Replies
saimahasan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

are the fields in both the table has same values??

marcus_sommer

I think that you have a small error within your mapping-approach - whereby I'm not sure if you should merge this field to the other tables. Quite probably will the association between the id-field and the dimension-table work very well and merging will cause errors through synthetic keys or some additionally efforts to avoid then without having any added value.

- Marcus

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI,

Is it possible to share the script with us. So that it becomes easy to understand your issue and find solution to it.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!