Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryansockel
Contributor
Contributor

Web Server Disconnected

Hi,

We are having an issue that just started happening for no reason.  Our web server is showing as disconnected when sitting on the DMZ network.  There are fire wall rules in place to allow open communications between the two servers.  When i move the Web server off the DMZ and onto the local network the qlikview server shows the connected as it should.

Attached is a Netstat dump.  The dump contains a dump from the web server to the production server, when it is on the DMZ and when it is on the same subnet as the production server.  It also contains the same dumps from the production server to the web server.

2 Replies
bryansockel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

We where able to trace the issue back to the web server trying to communicate back to the domain controller.  Once we allowed this, the system started working again.

They seem to be high numbered ports, do you know if this is Qlikview making the calls back to the domain controller? If so, are they just standard RPC Calls?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Bryan, I suspect the issue was related to the QlikView Service Account on the DMZ box not being able to process something properly, the Qlik services rely on the service account being able to resolve in both the DMZ and internal network for things to work properly unless you configure things use the Certificate Trust option, including Help link for that in case you decide that might be a better option for you guys, this was created specifically for these types of situations where folks did not wan to open the DMZ to the internal domain etc.  Hopefully this explains what you were seeing.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Shout if you have further questions, and I will holler back as quickly as I can.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.