Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Webpage Refresh Issue

Can anyone tell me how I can get the webpage to refresh with new data without having to click on the browser? I see there is an option in the Qlikview Management Console under Qlikview Servers for Allow dynamic data update - would this do the trick or is there some other setting that needs to be used? I am using the Ajax client and IE as the browser.

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In the document properties on the Server tab set Refresh Mode to Server performs refresh automatically without client action. On the server set the reload schedule to reload as often as you need.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have done that, but the web page does not refresh unless I physically click on it.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try checking the option Enable Push from Server too in the document properties.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have all those setting currently – still does not allow the webpage to refresh unless a person clicks on the browser window.

Not applicable
Author

Dynamic Data update allows modifying data model without reloading the application using special commands in Actions within the application. But even with Dynamic Update web-page won't refresh automatically even if data model has changed.

I'm afraid there is no "out of the box" solution to make web-page automatically refresh when application is reloaded. Perhaps some hacks are possible using extensions which would somehow get notification about reload and then refresh entire web-page using Javascript. It would be interesting to know if someone did it.