Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Webview, reload button

Hi

I made this reload button (extra doubled service) , but it does not work in the WebView mode, so is there any workaround for this?     

17 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The documentation says that reload doesn't work for published documents

Hope it helps

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can use an EDX trigger or a simple flag file to initiate reload. What exactly are you trying to achieve? Reload from the access point?

Not applicable
Author

Hey Mikael,

Just curious. Is there any reason why you want to do a reload after its published on the access point. If you set it up on the publisher to reload daily then everyday the data on the access point would be updated automatically.

Thanks

AJ

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Allowing the user to perform reload can prove useful in various situations for example while budgeting.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Ioannia,

Do you mind elaborating a little bit, I am not able to wrap my head around why it again needs to be reloaded.

For example if you wanna manipulate data to do some analysis like 'What-If', we just usually create some input boxes and achieve those.

It would help me understand better if you could give an example.

Thanks

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Oh, sorry I did not explain. I am using the PE desktop version, and the only reason that I am forced to use Webview mode is because of GeoQlik, it destroys my design 😕 

I do a lot of testing changing my data all the time.

It is not huge problem, as I can just use the traditional toolbutton, but I would like to know whether it can be done. Further more the print button is out too.

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Ajay.

budgeting can be based on weeks and months, on customer, on channel etc. There are so many combinations, that input boxes will definitely not server the purpose. So one simple approach would be, having an excel spreadsheet to input budget and reload the QV application frequently to analyze the budget.

Not applicable
Author

Wow didn't know something like this was needed/possible. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I haven't finished my search yet, so by any chance, has this been solved?

Indeed, the WebView is to be able to allow polygones to be drawn.