Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavielme
Creator
Creator

What Is The Simple way Count Num Of Row In Table Object

Hay All,

I Have a Complex Table In The UI with 50

Diffrents expression and dimmenssion situation

that the user can have

And I Need To Find how many line the table present (on text box for example)

with the most simply way to get it correctly (even with macro)

Best Regards

Lavi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lavielme
Creator
Creator
Author

Hay Marcus

Thank You Very much

For Your Replay

I will Do It With Complex Aggr Function 

Best Regards

Lavi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I would say who creates a complex table shouldn't expect a simple way to count the rows there ...

Depending on the complexity a macro-solution might look as the easiest way but even there it might not trivial especially if there are visibility-conditions applied a simple row-count may not always work and more expensive and advanced approches might be necessary. Beside this you would need to ensure that this macro would be triggered by each user-action in the application and which may lead to side-effects. In general it's not recommended to use macros within the UI.

Therefore the way which I do recommend for it is to apply a distinct count of all used dimensions of the table. In the case that there are various set analysis used which may overwrite the applied selections and could therefore have an impact of the number of shown dimension-values you need to include them with the above mentioned count, too - and it could further mean that not a single count may be enough else you may need multiple ones within a range-function and/or some aggr() to consider all possibilities. See as a starting point my comment here:

Row-Count-Macros-not-working-in-Straight-table 

In the end I suggest to simplify your approach especially by splitting the table into several ones with less complexity. Who wants and could really use such huge tables?

- Marcus

lavielme
Creator
Creator
Author

Hay Marcus

Thank You Very much

For Your Replay

I will Do It With Complex Aggr Function 

Best Regards

Lavi