Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What if a user change the password? How to implement it in section access?

Hello,

I have a question in implementing Section Access. Suppose if I use the following code and deploy in publisher. My question is what if a user wants to change the password? How does it reflect in the code?

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN

USER, USER1, U1

USER, USER2, U2

USER, USER3, U3

];

Regards,

Ashok.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

First of all, if a user changes the password, it has nothing to do with Section Access. The PASSWORD field in Section Access means the user will be prompted and must type both username and password to see the app. This field does not sync with LDAP, AD or any other security directory, it is something you are reading from an already existing table or manually using INLINE.

In short: the user cannot change his password in section access unless they have development access (edit script and reload). Otherwise, the password for that QlikView app will always be the same.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You need to do manually  or  you can take different variables for each  USER.  this  case, I  would suggest  You to create  OSUSER()  function for section access.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

If possible use NTNAME instead of USERID and PASSWORD which enabled the possibility of SSO and transferred the authentication to the OS.

- Marcus

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

First of all, if a user changes the password, it has nothing to do with Section Access. The PASSWORD field in Section Access means the user will be prompted and must type both username and password to see the app. This field does not sync with LDAP, AD or any other security directory, it is something you are reading from an already existing table or manually using INLINE.

In short: the user cannot change his password in section access unless they have development access (edit script and reload). Otherwise, the password for that QlikView app will always be the same.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your reply.