Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is a binary load? What are the restrictions?

What is a binary load? What are the restrictions?

6 Replies
its_anandrjs

Binary load is when you load any qlikview application to another qlikview application better to say load data or tables of the qlikview application and used as binary application. restriction is you can binary load only one application at a time.

Better if you refer the reference manual where you get all answers.

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you try to use the qlikview online help, you get the answer; restriction in bold

online help

The binary statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, including section access data. It does not load the layout information or variables. Only one binary statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script. The syntax is:

binary file

where:

file ::= [ path ] filename

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou

Not applicable
Author

The binary load statement is used for loading the data from another QlikView document, the binary load appears  always top in the script.Only one binary load statement is allowed in the script and it can only be put as the first statement of a script

binary load.PNG.png

Open Qlikview Edit Script and click on Qlikview File tab then select Existing QVW and give ok.

Better if you refer the reference manual where you get all answers.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

All these questions are Interview Questions. I've listed loads of interview questions on my blog without answers and Chandramohan just copied them from my blog. I wish he could have changed the text format but well he didn't!!

Copied from this URL:

http://qlikshare.com/qlikview-interview-qa/

Cheers,

DV