Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

What is the "+" (plus sign) in the Variable Overview for?

Hi all,

I am just curious because I noticed in my new QlikView version QV12.60 that there is a "+" sign within the variable overview pop-up modal window. Perhaps it was there before and I just never took any notice of it but I am wondering what it is used for?  Refer to the image attached.

I have checked / ticked it on and cannot see any significant difference. 
Is anyone able to enlighten me? 

Thanks in advance,
Nicky

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It means enabling/disabling if the variable is storable within a bookmark. The same could be reached within an input-box in tab restriction on the bottom-left option. Just enable/disable it in one place and then look within the other and reverse.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It means enabling/disabling if the variable is storable within a bookmark. The same could be reached within an input-box in tab restriction on the bottom-left option. Just enable/disable it in one place and then look within the other and reverse.

- Marcus

njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks @marcus_sommer When you say "same as an Input-box" are you referring to the "include in bookmark" option that you can check on "include in bookmarks"? 
If yes, then by default it is off, correct? 

marcus_sommer

Yes, this was meant and the default is off - probably because there are too many users which use variables for nearly all kinds of calculations with hundreds or even thousands of variables which would be otherwise all stored in each bookmark and the shared-files would become really big ...

- Marcus