Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the use of exists function in qlikview

What is the use of exists function in qlikview

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

check this

The exists() function checks if a value of the field (first parameter of the exist function) has been loaded anywhere in the script.  This parameter is always a field, never an expression.  The exists in the second load compares existing F3 values against incoming F1 values here:
WHERE NOT Exists(F3, F1);

You suggestion about combination F1 and F2 is not going to work the same way because it is logicallydifferent.  And, you still must use field as the first parameter, can't avoid F3 here:

TABLE1:
LOAD *, F1&F2 as F3 INLINE [
    F1, F2
    1, a
    2, b
    3, c
];

concatenate
LOAD * INLINE [
    F1, F2
    4, d
    4, e
]
WHERE NOT Exists(F3, F1&F2);

The logical difference is easy to see if change data a little, add another line into the 1st table:
4, z

The example with (F1 as F3) is going to eliminate both record from the table 2, because there is F3=4 in table 1
The combination logic will keep all the data because all combinations are unique in this case.

its_anandrjs

See this small example for explaination

Load table like this

TableA:

LOAD * Inline

[

C1

A

B

C

];

TableB:

LOAD * Inline

[

C2

A

B

E

F

] Where not Exists(C1,C2);

Not applicable
Author

thankyou  Mvrchowdary Rao

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Looks like you are asking interview or test question on community? Please read these concepts instead of getting instant answers.

I'd strongly recommend reading following posts:

QlikCommunity Tip: How to get answers to your post?

Its not about the answer, rather it’s about the question…

Good luck!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Another copied question! All these questions are Interview Questions. I've listed loads of interview questions on my blog without answers and Chandramohan just copied them from my blog. I wish he could have changed the text format but well he didn't!!

Copied from this URL:

http://qlikshare.com/qlikview-interview-qa/

Cheers,

DV