Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

What should we consider when calculating on YTD and MTD

What should we consider when calculating on YTD and MTD? means what is the calculating process of them based on a particular field? and what is YTD and MTD actually?

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's an open ended question that is difficult to answer here. Do you not know what MTD and YTD mean?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes i agree with Jonatha

And for better understand hope this helps to you

It supports:

* "Week to Day" (Week Starts of Sunday, so if today is Wednesday, roll up Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday)

* "Month to Date" (roll up the measures from <this month> 1st - <this month> Today )

* "Quarter to Date" (roll up the measures from <Beginning of Quater> 1st - <this month> Today )

* "Year to Date" (roll up the measures from <this year> 1st - <this month> Today )

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Please give me the expression according to that:

WTD - Week to Day" (Week Starts of Sunday, so if today is Wednesday, roll up Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) - If I have Sales field  what will be the expression?

MTD : - "Month to Date" (roll up the measures from <this month> 1st - <this month> Today )  - - If I have Sales field  what will be the expression?

QTD: - "Quarter to Date" (roll up the measures from <Beginning of Quater> 1st - <this month> Today ) - If I have Sales field  what will be the expression?

"Year to Date" (roll up the measures from <this year> 1st - <this month> Today ) - If I have Sales field  what will be the expression?

parimikittu
Creator II
Creator II

This Post will help about getting MTD,YTD

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6163