Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophie_bd
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

What the best practice to manage qvw and qvd version ?

Hello,

What the best practice to manage qvw and qvd version ?

Does QDF is a good way ? 

Best regards,

Sophie

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you referring to third-party change management tools like Microsoft TFS etc.?  I think you need to provide some further clarification in order to get some responses, as I was not sure to what you were referring, and I have no idea what QDF is either, that is not an acronym we use, or at least of which I know, so it will help if you can clarify that too.  

I believe some customers make use of the Project Files:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Projec...

Others just keep the empty QVW file backed up somewhere along with the QVD files, but in most cases things can be recreated provided the backend data that was used to build them in the first place is still available.  About the best I can offer, if you can further clarify what you really want, I suspect you may get some further responses.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok, I have been corrected by, Rob Wunderlich, thanks, so what I am going to do is pass this post link along to someone that works in that area to see if they will have a look at things.  Given the upcoming holidays though, it may be a couple of weeks before a response appears from him if he can look things over.  Apologies for not being aware of that one, I searched across the Help content which is our official documentation, did not check across Community, my bad there.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.