Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

When I use Left Join after creating a new table from another one with aggregate functions since when is created in the script?

Sometimes I need to use aggregate functions ordering the data by ID, I extract the data from another table, the idea is extract the data, create a new table and drop the old table, but sometimes when I run the script says that the table doesn`t exist, why is happening that? I need to know in what order the left join works and when the table is created, thanks!

3 Replies
shawn-qv
Creator
Creator

If the idea is to reload the data from Table1 into Table2 table (and then dropping Table1), then I'm not sure why you would need to do a "left join".

When loading Table2 using the resident load from Table1, make sure there is at least one differentiating field name/alias in Table2. If all the field names/alias are identical to that in Table1, QV will attempt to load them into the same table (i.e. Table1, and Table2 won't get created).

If you're wanting to keep all the field names/alias exactly the way they are from Table1, make sure to use the noconcatenate function before you load Table2.

Example:

Table1:

load

ID,

Field1,

Field2

from Table1.txt;

noconcatenate

Table2:

load * resident Table1

group by Field1

order by ID;

drop Table1;

S.

akash3191
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Fernando,

Could you please provide the code that you have written in the script?

It would help me understand your problem in a better way.

Thanks,

Akash.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Akash but I solved the problem with the post of Shawn! If you want I can send it anyway, tell me