Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thankuever
Contributor II
Contributor II

When i design .qvw using Qlikview desktop,i want to let them responsive for broswer or ios app.

Hello,all

I have already designed the dashboard using Qlikview Desktop,and then I also put it on Qlikview server.

I want to let my users to look the .qvw document using IPad,or IPhone with ios app.

How can I do for this?

Maybe ask them install the Qlikview for ios ? and give the access point URL to them?They using ios app to open .qvw?

When the users opening the .qvw document,it will be responsive for their device?

Similarly,When they open .qvw using broswer like Safari? It will be responsive?

If not, Can I using CSS.. to let .qvw  responsive? How can I do for this?

My requirement is let my users can use any size of device to access my .qvw anytime anywhere.

Thanks a lot !

Amy

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think if you really want a responsive design you will need to switch to Qlik Sense and this could be a starting point for you: Qlik Sense for Beginners - community contributed

- Marcus

ankitbisht01
Creator
Creator

Hi ,

Qlikview document can be viewed on IPad or IPhone  via qlikivew app available for IOS  devices and it can also be seen through browser like safari for IPAD or IPhone.

You need to publish or mount your document through QMC(Qlikivew management console)  and then give access to different users on the basis of (CAL's) (named CAL or doc CAL etc).

For your reference giving you the like of similar query i found and you can also refer some doucment on Qlikview server and Publisher.

See QlikView in Safari | Qlik Community

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Amy,

We had a similar requirement and we were a bit stuck as QV12 is not supported with the app. (took me a long while to find this out)

Safari works great but you have to remember that ipads and iphones have smaller screens but buttons need to be bigger etc.

There is a great extension which I use which re-sizes the screen (have a search on here) well but I have also used another extension to detect the browser so you can build a specific size for mobile devices.

The extension tells you the browser and if you see 'mobile' you can hide the desktop sheets and show the ipad ones.

You can also get a bit clever and customise the access point so that users can create their own 'app' on their iOS device which then saves on the homescreen and opens full screen etc.

My advice would be to simply test it on the other devices and then adjust as necessary as you may find it works just fine.