Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where clause in preceding load

Hi Qlik people,

I an loading data in from some spreadsheets, and I'm trying to limit it to recent dates but it is not working. It always pulls the full dataset  I have tried limiting the load with 'where' clauses on  several fields, but no joy.

Is is possible to use a 'where' clause with a preceding load? If so, anyone have any ideas why this doesn't work?

SALES:
Load
Where Year > 2014
;

LOAD If(Len(Trim([Originator ID]))=8,'00'& [Originator ID],[Originator ID]) as SalesID,
Floor(MonthEnd(Date#(Month & '-' & Year,'MMM-YYYY'))) as EOM,
Month,
Year,
State,
if(isnull(New)=-1,0,New) as Total_New_Sales,
if(isnull(Used)=-1,0,Used) as Total_Used_Sales  ,
if(isnull(New)=-1,0,New) +  if(isnull(Used)=-1,0,Used) as Total_Sales
FROM
[$(vImportPath)Retail Sales*.xlsx]
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Store SALES Into '$(vQVDDestPath)SALES.qvd';

exit Script

The strange thing is I looked at the QVD with a qvd viewer, and it shows the values I want excluded differently - see how 2013 is right justified?

I checked and all the data is the same format in the excel sheet.

Thanks Community!

Fred.

Edit - I know I could put the 'where' clause in the initial load and not use preceding load. I am actually taking year and month, making a date, then comparing 'where newDate > $(variable) and newDate < today() plus a few other things that make preceding load a nice way to run. The script I posted is simplified for troubleshooting.

0 Replies