Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Which will be faster?

H ello,

I've fields more than 300 as shown below.

ID ,    LensKey  ,   Brand, CaptureDateTime,....................................

PartA

load * from table

WHERE CaptureDateTime > DATE('$(vIndividualMaxCapDate)'-($(vNDates)-1),'DD/MM/YYYY')

and If(Len('$(vBrand)')>0,SubStringCount('$(vBrand)',Brand)>0,WildMatch(Brand,'*'))

and If(Len('$(vSpherePower)')>0,SubStringCount('$(vSpherePower)',SpherePower)>0,WildMatch(SpherePower,'*'))

and If(Len('$(vBaseCurve)')>0,SubStringCount('$(vBaseCurve)',BaseCurve)>0,WildMatch(BaseCurve,'*'))

PartB

Table1:
load LensKey  from table1

WHERE CaptureDateTime > DATE('$(vIndividualMaxCapDate)'-($(vNDates)-1),'DD/MM/YYYY')

and If(Len('$(vBrand)')>0,SubStringCount('$(vBrand)',Brand)>0,WildMatch(Brand,'*'))

and If(Len('$(vSpherePower)')>0,SubStringCount('$(vSpherePower)',SpherePower)>0,WildMatch(SpherePower,'*'))

and If(Len('$(vBaseCurve)')>0,SubStringCount('$(vBaseCurve)',BaseCurve)>0,WildMatch(BaseCurve,'*'))

Left join(Table1)

load * from table1

I want to know which code will be faster. Whether PartA or PartB code.

1 Reply
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Jacq,

I presume PartA, because it's only one load and the amount of calculated where conditions is equal.

BTW, what is the idea behind those WildMatch(.., '*') conditions? I think it would be possible to reduce complexity of the where clause.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D